Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Birthday Cakes...

Someone made a suggestion recently (it's one of those "duh" moments) -  to choose the colors for your image based on the designer papers you choose to use.  Can't tell you how much time I have spent trying to locate backgrounds for my already colored images!  It is so much against my grain to decide on a background first - then colors for my focal point - but I think this minor correction to my process will save soooo much time in my per card average (which is waaay up there).  I can just see most of you shaking your head ... "can't believe she didn't know that"!
Here I am using two coordinating papers -  the top one has polka dots that I made into balloons by adding strings and teeny bows with a Micron 0.1 pen. The focal images are cut out, sculpted and floated using foam tape.

IMAGES: The Bear/cake image is by Elizabeth Dukemba (spelling? Print is so small!);
PAPER:  Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80# Cover Wt. used for the image panel; base CS is from my endless stash; DP is "Back to Basics" from The Paper Studio.
INKS: The image is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Copics: Bear – E51, 53, 55; Apron – BV00, V01; Cake – R81, 83, 85; Rug - R85.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments!
~ginny