Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Neutrals...

I am not happy with this - I always thought I leaned heavily toward a clean and simple style.  Guess I haven't... I am struggling to meet the challenge of the paper artists in this style of stamping.  So with this entry in the Less is More Challenge, I am cutting back even more.  I am uncomfortable still...

I want so badly to add some ribbon or brads in the lower right or upper left corner!
With this card I used two stamps, and only one ink - Walnut Stain from Distress Inks.  "Cathedral" by Stampington and Company includes the text to the right in the image.  This was stamped once on the base CS and then on scrap paper.  I then took a brush damp with water and pulled the ink into the image to give it a watercolor look. The image is then cut out and attached with foam tape.

Sooooooooo... could not stand it!  I went back and re-created this card with the elements that are more comfortable for me.  So although I will enter the card above in the challenge for Less is More -
 the following is the one I like:
I am going to keep trying the Less is More Challenges... 
I am determined to find a comfort zone with a clean and simple style too.
CHALLENGES:
IMAGES:  The focal images are "Cathedral" by Stampington and Company and  "Telephone Lines" from Impression Obsession.
PAPER:  base CS is from my endless stash & the Cathedral CS from scraps.
INKS: The image is stamped with Ranger's Distress Ink: "Walnut Stain"

2 comments:

  1. I think it's great... my only comment would be that I like to see things like branches, or wires as in this case, on which birds are perching, continued off the edge...rather than floating in mid air.
    It certainly doesn't need anything else adding to it... super job!
    We'd love to see you again next time for another CAS challenge.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card, I too have a 'thing' about branches taken to the edge of the card, to 'root' them as it were
    Really love the design
    Thank you very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!
~ginny